Two Sunny 1800's [RE-wrenches]

Nick Lucchese nickl at sierrasolar.com
Thu Nov 11 18:03:10 PST 2004

Amazing Diet Patch
http://click.topica.com/caacOlIbz8Qcsbz9JC9a/MyDietPatches

Greetings Fellow Wrenches,
   I have installed a couple dozen Sunny Boy 2500's but next week will
be my first time installing two 1800's. Wondering why I can't install
them without a subpanel.
  The obvious plan is to run each inverter's 120v hot leg through each
pole of a 30 amp 240v AC disco and then on to the double pole 30 amp
intertie breaker. Since each inverter would be running through it's
own pole in a single breaker it should suffice 690-64 right? All
without paralleling any wires, in one disconnect and one breaker.
Any thoughts on why i can't do this or issues I'm overlooking? I
can't see the need to involve an extra subpanel and if i did go the
subpanel route it pushes me up to a 60 amp AC disco (not that big of
a deal but an extra $20 above the 30 amp version). In the end it
would save the customer about $200, less equipment on the side of the
house and distribute the power to the service more equally.

  Also, anyone have a good resource for conduit clamps to mount strut
to a 6.625" OD pole? Our usual electrical supply says they are made
to order and won't be available till January. I've tried the threaded
rod technique but not very fond of it. I believe Cooper's part # is
B2020 but not sure where to purchase them (except the local month and
a half wait option).

As always thanks for your time,
Nick A Lucchese

Are you serious about buying a NEW car or truck soon?
Research before stepping on the car lot and save THOUSANDS!
Get NO OBLIGATION price quotes from car dealers in your area.
http://click.topica.com/caacOlPbz8Qcsbz9JC9f/LeadClick

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com