Load control [RE-wrenches]

William Miller wrmiller at slonet.org
Fri Nov 5 10:58:37 PST 2004

Save up to 67% on Omaha Steaks + Get 6 FREE Burgers and a
FREE Cutlery Set + Cutting Board!
http://click.topica.com/caacOlKbz8Qcsbz9JC9a/OmahaSteaks

Friends:

I am working on a system for load control in which the load is a 240 well
pump.  It worked  well for about a year using a Xantrex C40 to drive a two
pole relay.

About two months ago the client complained that the well would occasionally
run until the battery V got low enough for the inverter to shut of.  We
could never observe this happening, but with my new data acquisition
system, we recorded it doing this.  The battery voltage went below the set
point of 22 volts, but the C40 continued to drive the relay.

I had another used C40 in the shop so I swapped them out.  I recorded
performance for another 24 hours and it worked well (excuse the pun) and I
then removed the recording equipment.

This morning I received a message from the client indicating the unit had
yesterday again discharged the batteries.  Unique to this situation is the
fact that we had such a rainy day that I doubt the C40 reached the
reconnect point.

Have any of you used a C40 to control loads?  to what success?

Thanks,

William Miller

Go on a Cruise for Free!
http://click.topica.com/caacOlEbz8Qcsbz9JC9f/PermissionData