Jacobs stuff [RE-wrenches]

Geoff Greenfield Geoff at Third-Sun.Com
Tue Sep 21 07:19:40 PDT 2004

Is Unemployment on the rise? Answer and Win!
http://click.topica.com/caacERJbz8Qcsbz9JC9a/PermissionData

For those willing to change the differential oil at the top of the tower on
an annual basis, Use an inverter without UL listing and latch onto a company
with a finite future (they aren't manufacturing... they are selling
purchased inventory) no matter the warranty - go for it!  Add to that
springs and gears as the overspeed control scheme and I would say you have a
busy future (possibly at a profit depending on the terms of your contract).

Based on the power output to price ratio, (and probably the name recognition
of the original company) we still have plenty of Jacobs flying here in
Ohio... Luck/snowjob/ignorant reviewers are how I think the non-listed
inverters get accepted... but of the 6 or so listed in the "OH small wind
case studies" book that our non-profit Green Energy Ohio did, I think all
but one listed serious maintenance events (and some dangerous failures).
www.greenenergyohio.org is a great organization - really helping us a lot -
good wrench participation on the board...  we dream of growing up to be like
MREA....

So - do I sound like a Jacobs Fan?  For the price of an installed Bergey you
could probably buy 2 Jacobs (But you may need more over time).

Sincerely,

Geoff Greenfield
NABCEP Certified Solar PV Installer TM
GLREA Certified Photovoltaic Systems Integrator/Installer License Number
0211-01

THIRD SUN SOLAR AND WIND POWER Ltd.
340 West State Street, Unit 25
Athens, OH 45701