romex in met-metered installations [RE-wrenches]

Kirk Herander kirk at vtsolar.com
Tue Jun 1 16:34:19 PDT 2004

Sponsor a child today through Children International.
Give a desperately poor child hope for a brighter future.
For only $18 a month you can make a difference!
http://click.topica.com/caaciqSbz8Qcsbz9JC9a/Children's Int'l

Group,

I'm wondering about the merits of this. Can romex be used between
high-voltage DC arrays and the inverter?  NM-B is rated for 600v and 90
degrees c, according to NEC 334.112. I'm not talking outdoors of course, but
from an array junction box(use-2 from array to j-box) in the attic down to
the basement where the DC disconnect is located, then stranded thhn to the
inverter input. Even if it can be used, should it be used? It just doesn't
seem quite right. It cannot be used as service entrance cable. This is a
single-family residence I'm talking about.

Vermont Solar Engineering
Kirk Herander
North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners
Certified Solar PV Installer(TM)
Xantrex Certified Dealer Charter Member
NYSERDA-eligible installer
Vermont Solar and Wind Partner

PO Box 697
Burlington, VT. 05402
www.vermontsolar.com
www.backeastsolar.com
800.286.1252 - 802.863.1202
fax 802.863.7908

Empower your Team with Remote Access. GoToMyPC Pro
provides your organization with instant remote access to
email,files, applications and network resources in real
time. FREE TRIAL:
http://click.topica.com/caaciqTbz8Qcsbz9JC9f/ExpertCity

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm