Module shortage rumors [RE-wrenches]

Allan Sindelar allan at positiveenergysolar.com
Mon May 10 20:48:00 PDT 2004

Sponsor a child today through Children International.
Give a desperately poor child hope for a brighter future.
For only $18 a month you can make a difference!
http://click.topica.com/caaccM4bz8Qcsbz9JC9a/ Children's Int'l

Fellow Wrenches,
I have been hearing regular rumors about impending shortages of PV modules.
So far, I haven't experienced it directly. I'm writing for more info, to
probably benefit all of us. So:
1. What definitive information do we have about shortages of PV modules?
2. Specific brands? Sizes?
3. Anticipated dates? Has anyone been unable to secure desired modules
already?
4. What are the reasons given for impending shortages? I have heard overseas
demand, declining exchange rate for American dollars--what else?
5. What are you telling your customers in anticipation of shortages?

I woul like to minimize rumor and hype, which sometimes feeds on itself. At
the same time, I'd like to be able to plan accordingly and keep my customers
informed.

Thank you for good information
Allan at Pos Energy

Empower your Team with Remote Access. GoToMyPC Pro
provides your organization with instant remote access to
email,files, applications and network resources in real
time. FREE TRIAL:
http://click.topica.com/caaccMSbz8Qcsbz9JC9f/ ExpertCity

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm