Reglazing SunWave flat plate collectors [RE-wrenches]

Bill Loesch, Saint Louis Solar bill_loesch at compuserve.com
Mon May 10 04:27:45 PDT 2004

Let University of Phoenix make 2004 your year. Evening,
weekend or FlexNet® classes – over 130 locations. Look
into our programs and get the degree that gets you going!
http://click.topica.com/caaccMPbz8Qcsbz9JC9a/ UOP

Any thermal wrenches out there who have had any experience with
reglazing the above flavor collector?

It was manufactured/marketed by Acorn Structures in MA, during the tax
credit years in conjunction with their packaged homes. The company still
is in business but as you might guess has little to no knowledge of what
went on then.

The current homeowner wants is the array reglazed with something that
won't "shed" as the approx. 20 year old Filon covering is now doing. If
this was simply a 4' x 8' panel I wouldn't be troubling you fine folks;
however this is a 24' x 40' array comprised of 6 vertical strips of 4'
x 40' flat plate collector which heats the entire house, provides hot
water and (my plan) will heat the pool during the summer.

One of my concerns is the best way to work on the middle panels.

All suggestions appreciated.

Bill Loesch, Solar 1 - Saint Louis Solar, tel/fax 314 631 1094

Domains as low as $4.95!
Limited Time! ICANN Accredited GoDaddy!
http://click.topica.com/caaccM5bz8Qcsbz9JC9f/ GoDaddy

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com