PV buydown policy request [RE-wrenches]

Allan Sindelar allan at positiveenergysolar.com
Mon Apr 26 21:34:07 PDT 2004

Sign up to get FREE information from leading colleges!
Compare degrees, admissions, financial aid and more.
Study your career education options at
Collegeinformation.info.
http://click.topica.com/caab8K7bz8Qcsbz9JC9a/ College Info

Fellow Wrenches,
New Mexico is exploring some PV buydown options. As I understand it, this is
not a state government-funded buydown, but a program to allow the regulated
utilities to purchase the right to claim distributed, customer-owned PV
toward the mandated Renewable Portfolio Standard.

I need help with a few questions, from others who have been through this:

1. Should a utility PV buydown be production-based or based on an upfront
rebate (such as a flat $4/watt rebate for systems meeting certain
requirements)? It seems to me that production-based will promote higher
quality installations (thus giving my business a competitive edge) over some
type of formula based on nameplate rating. How is this done in Europe, where
incentives are mostly production-based?

2. What type of technical system requirements should be imposed, and how,
when, how often, and by whom should systems be inspected?

3. What requirements should be placed on installers?

There are more questions, but these will help me offer well-reasoned
suggestions.  Thank you in advance.

Allan at Positive Energy

Need to find the right school to fit your needs
CollegeInformation.info has already found it. Get educated
on your future – degrees, financial aid and more!
http://click.topica.com/caab8Lbbz8Qcsbz9JC9f/ College Info

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com