Grundfos v standard pumps [RE-wrenches]

Kurt Nelson sunwise at cheqnet.net
Wed Apr 7 08:41:01 PDT 2004

Bounces like rubber! Shatters like ceramic! Discover Crazy
Aaron's Thinking Putty in grown up handfuls. It's the
creativity unleashing, mood enhancing desk toy!
http://click.topica.com/caab7pJbz8Qcsbz9JC9a/ Crazy Aaron Enterprises

It has been my experience that well drillers always want to sell my
off-grid clients a really big pump and one that they are used to selling
and/or buy in volume.

I am recommending the Grundfos 5SQ10C-410 for this application, a vented
Outback inverter and transformer with the pump in a well that is 365
feet to water (with pressure tank).

The well driller wants to install a 1 or 1.5 horse Goulds pump 5SG10 or
5SG15 (preferably the 1.5)

One of his stated concerns is that the electronics in the SQ are down in
the well with a lightning strike making a pump pull a necessity (the
Goulds having its electronics top-side).

While I like having electronic top-side as well, the increased
efficiency of the Grundfos and the soft start seem pretty desirable.
And, isn't the 3.6KW Outback with 240vac transformer kind of on the edge
of it with a standard submersible of that horse power?

Any comments, especially regarding the SQ, greatly appreciated.

Kurt Nelson

Graduate in less than 13 months with AIU’s Online virtual
campus. Classrooms and student service as close as your
computer. Highly accredited, study anytime – anywhere.
http://click.topica.com/caab6anbz8Qcsbz9JC9f/ AIU

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com