Grounded for two weeks...hopefully longer [RE-wrenches]

Marco Mangelsdorf marco at pvthawaii.com
Tue Mar 30 11:28:15 PST 2004

Are you looking for savings on products you use everyday?
Visit Quality Health today and see the coupons, free
samples and special offers our members enjoy each and
everyday.
http://click.topica.com/caab3ozbz8Qcsbz9JC9a/ Ivo Interactive

I dunno what most of you are doing for grounding modules, but I wanted to
share my observation of what happens to an Ilsco-brand GBL-4DB ground lug
(the type where it's easy to simply lay in a bare CU wire) after it's been
in the rainy Hilo environment for two years.  The screw has rusted big time.
If one tried to extract it, the screw would crumble.  Yikes...Apparently,
the ground lug to use is the Ilsco GBL-4DBT which is a copper alloy with a
SS screw.  I just got a price from my supplier: $3.94 per lug!  Ouch.  And,
to perhaps state the obvious, you gotta also use a SS screw to attach the
lug onto the module frame.  Those zinc-plated puppies also rust something
awful.

arroHA,
marco

Marco Mangelsdorf
President
ProVision Technologies, Inc.
69 Railroad Avenue, Suite A-7
Hilo, Hawaii 96720 USA
(808) 969-3281, fax 934-7462
www.provisiontechnologies.com

**** Bounces like rubber! Shatters like ceramic! ****
Discover Crazy Aaron's Thinking Putty in grown up
handfuls. It's the creativity unleashing, mood enhancing
desk toy!
http://click.topica.com/caab5n2bz8Qcsbz9JC9f/ Crazy Aaron Enterprises

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm