PV Series night time tare loss [RE-wrenches]

Mark Edmunds mark.edmunds at xantrex.com
Tue Jan 27 12:34:47 PST 2004

	Dear Wrenches,

	There has been considerable discussion about the night time tare
losses incurred by the outboard isolation transformers used with our PV
Series of grid tie inverters.  In this forum, and in one of our competitor's
"white papers", we have seen some misleading numbers thrown around.  We do
acknowledge that the external isolation transformer does lead to lost
energy, however this loss has been exaggerated.

	To assist installers in making informed product selections, we hired
a third party engineering consultant to study, measure, and report on this
issue.  We hope this helps you understand the issue, rather than rely on
unsubstantiated stories.

	The report is called "Night time Tare Loss Cost Analysis".  You can
download the report here;
<http://www.xantrex.com/support/docserve.asp?id=823> .

	Hope this helps clarify the issue.

	Thanks