Production survey [RE-wrenches]

Antony Tersol tony at appliedsolarenergy.com
Mon Jan 19 15:24:10 PST 2004

<x-flowed>
I've created an email address to collect the survey I mentioned, so
please submit data.

Do not reply to the wrenches list.  Send your completed survey to the
email listed below.  I'm automating the collection of the data from the
email so it's helpful if I don't have to edit each email, so please use
the following form and follow the instructions.  Thanks.  I'll make the
data available to all, with no identifiers attached.  And of course, I
won't sell or transfer your email addresses to anyone (although I
suspect just appearing on this newslist has already made us all appear
on some junk email lists).

Please email to: survey at appliedsolarenergy.com (replace "at" with @),
with "Production Survey" in the subject line.

Please leave commas out of numbers.  "2214 instead of 2,214".

<Survey - nothing to enter on this line>
<Latitude>
<Altitude>
<Zip Code>
<System Size - watts>
<CEC Size - watts>
<Module Qty>
<Module>
<Inverter Qty>
<Inverter>
<Batterys Yes or No only>
<String Size (modules per string)>
<Module Azimuth>
<Module Tilt>
<Predicted Annual Production - kwh>
<Actual Annual Production - kwh>
<Start of Year mm/yy>
<End of Year mm/yy>
<Estimation method>
</Survey - marks the end>

Instructions: Fill in the values in the form above.  If not known, leave
blank.  Except for the last line (estimation method) answers should
contain numbers in only one place.  For example, "<String Size>9" is
ok.  "<String Size>8 or 9" is not.

If you have information about more than one system, duplicate the block
above and submit in one email if you want.

Explanations of individual entries:

System Size (name plate - # of modules X manufacturers rating)
CEC Size (for california wrenches: # of mods X CEC PTC rating X inverter
CEC efficiency)
Module Qty
Module Manuf & Model (use California eligible module table for
consistency and since its available to everyone via the web at
http://www.consumerenergycenter.org/erprebate/eligible_pvmodules.html)
Inverter Manuf & Model
Batterys (Yes or No only)
String Size (# of modules in series)
Module Azimuth - in degrees, South = 180, West = 270, East = 90
Module Tilt - in degrees, horiz = 0, North facing (above the equator)
would be negative values.
Predicted Annual Production (kwh)
Actual Annual Production (kwh)
Estimation method (this could be a description or a name if you use a
product such as Maui software or Clean Power Estimator)

Example (thanks Joel)

<Latitude>
<Altitude>
<Zip Code>90230
<System Size - Watts>2240 W DC STC
<CEC Size - Watts>1771 W AC PTC
<Module Qty> 32
<Module>Siemens SP70
<Inverter Qty>1
<Inverter>Trace SW4048
<Batterys Yes or No only>Yes
<String Size (modules per string)>4 modules in series
<Module Azimuth>160 degrees
<Module Tilt>12 degrees
<Predicted Annual Production - kwh>2544 kWh
<Actual Annual Production - kwh>2640 kWh
<Start of Year mm/yy>1/03
<End of Year mm/yy>12/03
<Estimation method>PVWATTS Los Angeles input 1.45 kW AC (STC x 0.65)

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: http://www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com