Ground Tab on Back of KWH Meters [RE-wrenches]

Mark Byington markbyington at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jan 16 14:08:15 PST 2004

"On the back of this meter is a tab which spans
two terminals. Do I have to connect the ground / neutral lug on one of these
terminals and should the tab be opened?"

When using a 240V meter such as a GE I-70S in a 120V application, we disconnect the small tab on the back of the meter and connect the lower screw to ground.  Leave the upper screw, the one on which the tab rotates, open.

Mark Byington
President
Cobalt Power Systems, Inc.
Tel 650-948-9574   Fax 650-948-9573   Cell 415-298-1947
markb at cobaltpower.com   www.cobaltpower.com

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: http://www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com