Large residential system [RE-wrenches]

Kurt Albershardt info at es-ee.com
Fri Dec 12 11:43:31 PST 2003

<x-flowed>
--On Wednesday, December 10, 2003 8:18 PM -0600 sunwise <sunwise at cheqnet.net> wrote:

> This is a very big system, and while I think it is great seeing more
> "mainstream" homeowners going solar, I think it is also time for a
> reality check.
>
> I would think some efforts towards energy efficiency, heating appliances
> fueled with LP gas (or perhaps some solar thermal where applicable),
> could go a long ways here.  Put simply, this system needs a better load
> profile to work with.

I'll again suggest gas absorption cooling.  Robur is the only small-scale solution I'm familiar with, but a micro-cogen vendor at Power-Gen yesterday pointed me at Cool Tech out of Ohio, still looking for them.  If they plan on running a genset with any regularity, I'd look into a heat exchanger to try an up the overall efficiency.  <http://www.vectorcogen.com/> was showing a very efficient design that scavenged waste heat from the exhaust, coolant, and oil simultaneously and was extremely compact.  Built like a tank, with a dry sump oil system and very low maintenance design.

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: http://www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com