Whisper H40 Final Report & Power Curve Summaries [RE-wrenches]

Paul Gipe pgipe at igc.org
Tue Dec 9 06:15:39 PST 2003

<x-flowed>
Todd,

I have not tested the H80 and I have no plans to test it. It's not suited
for my tower (too much swept area) and it's too noisy for my tastes.
There's an H80 less than one mile from my towers and on several occasions
I've heard a loud roar from trucks on Oak Creek Road using their air
brakes. So loud I've actually thought about heading for cover. Only
problem, it wasn't trucks, it was the H80 in flutter.

That said, the H80 has outlived my prediction of early failure and is still
functioning after two years.

Paul

Paul Gipe
208 S. Green St., #5
Tehachapi CA 93561-1741 USA
+661 822 9150
+661 822 8452 fax
pgipe at igc.org
www.wind-works.org
Wind Power: Renewable Energy for Home, Farm, & Business, ISBN 1-931498-14-8
(spring, 2004)

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: http://www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm