contactor cuestions [RE-wrenches]

mlafferty at universalenergies.com mlafferty at universalenergies.com
Fri Dec 5 12:28:53 PST 2003

All:

I gotta keep this short... (Whew!  For a lot of you, I'm sure!)

Marco posed the "contactor to take tare losses off system at night"
question....

Answer:  Yes.  DO NOT USE STANDARD "CONTACTOR".... Install Magnetic
Starter instead.  It's a higher equipment cost, but the contacts won't
arc up nearly as badly under inadvertent "On-Off" cycling.  Photocell
(Intermatic recommended) is acceptable... Timer (with "Astrological
Function") is also acceptable.

Longer diatribe on this issue available if you don't trust me....(Time
permitting, of course... Which it isn't right this second... Ce` la
vie....)

2 Cents and a Coconut!

Matt Lafferty
Universal Energies Institute