C35 Problem [RE-wrenches]

Mark Edmunds mark.edmunds at xantrex.com
Wed Dec 3 14:17:47 PST 2003

Hi Louis,

It sounds like the micro in the C35 may be locking up, which can be caused
by the PV and battery lines being interchanged on the unit, though this will
normally be immediate, not 2-10 minutes. Worth checking anyway. While you
are checking, make sure the jumpers are installed in the correct locations
for your battery voltage. Also any chance the unit is hitting an over
temperature limit? If this was the case you would see the orange overtemp
LED indication, it doesn't sound like you are.

Regarding the question on the voltages on the input and output:  The
controller works like a series switch but uses FETs to do the actual
switching.  So the voltage across the unit from the PV to Battery terminal
while bulk charging should be near zero, as you saw.

I will get an Engineer to contact you off line to give you a hand.

Regards,

Mark Edmunds
Xantrex Technology Inc.