Battery Charger Options [RE-wrenches]

Kurt Albershardt info at es-ee.com
Sun Nov 30 10:24:43 PST 2003

<x-flowed>
They are constant voltage chargers and hold the voltage stable while current falls off.

The IQ4 does a pretty decent job, better than the IQ3 did (it used a 90-minute timed bulk phase which ~sometimes worked out well depending on your battery bank size.

They are not temperature compensated, unfortunately.  I've asked about it several times over the past few years and was hoping they'd add it with the revised design (to accommodate the IQ4) but no luck...

--On Sunday, November 30, 2003 12:20 PM -0600 "Travis Creswell, Ozark Solar" <ozsolar at ipa.net> wrote:

> According to the description on the ad you sent, oops... I meant to say
> link, the charger is a "constant voltage charger".  I assume it will get
> the voltage up to 15.5 in the case of the HI model and hold while
> tapering the amps down.  That might just be what I need, thanks.  How
> long will it hold the voltage at 15.5? Is it temperature compensated?
>
> Have you used the 3 stage charging add on module that Iota mentions on
> their website? http://www.iotaengineering.com/options.htm
>
> Thanks
> Travis

- - - -