No exposed lead [RE-wrenches]

Todd Cory, Mt. Shasta Energy Services toddcory at finestplanet.com
Wed Nov 26 06:24:10 PST 2003

I have heard and just experienced the "no exposed lead" rules no in place. The
Concorde AGM batteries I just swapped out at our local hydro plant had a
recessed, non lead lug. I wonder if this will also effect the L-16 wet cells
too? Evidently it is a hazard to have exposed lead. Sheesh, I can just see some
wrench knawing on those dangerous, exposed, lead battery terminals. The new ones
are brass, mechanically bonded internally to the lead (and hopefully now a
source of future problems).

Any one else run into this or think it might pose a connection problem down the
road?

Todd

"Clive Wilkins, PowerSense" wrote:

> Hi Kurt,
> Yes there is reason to believe that plate development is a fact.We had some
> low maintenance LA cells that would not perform; when I dismantled them I
> found that the neg. plate had not expanded properly.Plates have to expand to
> get the chemical reaction to start.
> Cell performance improved after several deep cycles.

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: http://www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com