Battery Life in Grid-Tie Systems [RE-wrenches]

Clive Wilkins, PowerSense powersense at horizon.co.fk
Wed Nov 26 02:01:09 PST 2003

Hi Kurt,
Yes there is reason to believe that plate development is a fact.We had some
low maintenance LA cells that would not perform; when I dismantled them I
found that the neg. plate had not expanded properly.Plates have to expand to
get the chemical reaction to start.
Cell performance improved after several deep cycles.

90% of the batteries we supply are made up from traction cells. The cell
connectors are lead soldered  and the take- off posts are T type with a
thimble cable lug......rotate cells, I don't think so.

After over 20 years of  building batteries a couple of things I've
learned.....don't buy cheap'o batteries.......don't buy cheap'o
batteries..........don't buy cheap'o batteries

Cheers  Clive