Is the SW being discontinued? [RE-wrenches]

Mark Edmunds mark.edmunds at xantrex.com
Mon Nov 24 17:11:47 PST 2003

Hi All,

The following is a response from Lloyd Gomm, our Director-Marketing,
regarding an earlier post questioning the new SW Plus pricing -

Mark Edmunds
Director - Engineering
Xantrex Technology Inc.

Since I provided Roy with the info in his post, I decided to respond.

Current list pricing for the SWPLUS products is as follows;
SWPLUS2524  $2,299
SWPLUS2548  $2,299
SWPLUS4024  $2,800
SWPLUS4048  $2,800
SWPLUS5548  $3,500

This is a fact, these are the current prices in our ERP system.
Attempting to mislead anyone?... I think not.

We announced our lower list price as a promotion to test the waters.
Based on the positive feedback and support from dealers and distributors
on the lower price, we had already decided to continue with these list
prices into 2004.

     Christopher Freitas wrote:
     Roy -

     Your statement about the SWplus inverter's lower pricing is very
     misleading - the "list price" of the SWPLUS 4 kW units $3495 and
     the 5.5 is $3995. The prices you listed are "introductory special
     prices" only good until the end of the year.

     From Xantrex's own press release on their website:

     Xantrex is offering introductory pricing on its new SW Plus
     models until the end of the year. Both 24- and 48-volt models
     of the 4000 watt SW Plus are now available for $2800 US
    (regular MSRP $3495US). The 48-volt, 5500 watt SW Plus is now
     available for $3500 US (MSRP $3995 US).

     If you "really do care" about what you do - then at least be
     accurate when you say something instead of misleading people.

Christopher, I am glad you brought this up…it gave me the opportunity to
announce to Wrenches that our new lower list price is in fact our
standard price. I am also glad you recently committed to keeping things
professional on this list.  Thanks.

     Christopher Freitas wrote:
     I know Michael Welch and I both don't want this list to become
     the online version of the Jerry Springer show.... Hopefully,
     handling this issue this way will be more effective (although
     maybe less entertaining).

Lloyd Gomm
Director, Marketing
Xantrex Technology Inc.