East versus West [RE-wrenches]

mlafferty at universalenergies.com mlafferty at universalenergies.com
Sat Nov 22 19:37:42 PST 2003

All:

John B beat me to it... And he's right, speaking from a monthly recorded
AC KWH output perspective since TOU Net-Metering is not applicable in
this case.  Thank you, John B!  I didn't want to speak until I compared
the data of known sites.

I concur with John B's comments (With an ever so-slight deference to the
statement of "same temp at Solar Noon"... My testing shows East to be
slightly warmer at this time due to time of direct sun exposure and the
amount of power passing through the glass which in itself generates
additional heat... Not big enough a factor to even try to make a
conclusive statement about regarding power output, but measurable.).

Put the Parallel across the Ridge!  Bottom line.  We learned this early!
(For once!)

My words of caution regarding this application:  Be sure that your
Customer is made aware, in writing, that their system will NEVER see a
"peak power output" value in the display!  (No matter how well you think
they understand what you have honestly told them, they want to look for
that reading!  Scars to prove it!)  Also, if you intend to do any "KWH"
or "Cost-Return" types of projections, I would hit a single-orientation,
East or West, projection with about an 85% factor.  (More scars there!)

Aloha to all... My Lotto ticket will pay off tomorrow!

Just kidding... If I really believed that, I'd already have left and you
wouldn't have gotten this message.

Best to all... Congrats to you NABCEPers!

Praying for Sun on the Glass in Sacramento and beyond,

Matt Lafferty
Universal Energies Institute
mlafferty at universalenergies.com
(916) 422-9772