African adventure [RE-wrenches]

marco mangelsdorf marco at pvthawaii.com
Sun Nov 23 09:16:27 PST 2003

I recently received an inquiry from a P. Harrison in Banjul, The Gambia,
west Africa who's interested in (15) 75-watt modules.  When I told him that
buying modules from a PV distributor here in the middle of the Pacific
didn't make too much sense to me when there have to be PV folks much closer,
he brushed it off.  Anyone else get an inquiry from this guy?  Assuming that
his interest is legit, I would think that getting payment in full by credit
card would protect me from those African scams we've all heard about.  That
is, get a CC number, wait for the processing to be approved and then send
'em off.  Am I missing something here?  Is there still a way to get screwed
even if the CC sale, inclusive of shipping of course, goes through?

marco

Marco Mangelsdorf, Ph.D.
President
ProVision Technologies, Inc.