Breaker hold-downs [RE-wrenches]

Dean T. Newberry deant at dcn.org
Tue Nov 18 21:51:51 PST 2003

<x-flowed>
Hi JeffO'

We have got the local inspectors to agree that these are not back feed
breakers, they are "intertie breakers".
Backfeed breakers can have current on both sides when disconnected. When
you turn off a backfeed breaker the feed side remains energized.
Intertie breakers cannot have current on both sided when disconnected.
When you turn off an intertie breaker the inverter side denergizes. The
breaker operates as intended with intertie equipment, the wire is
protected and
No hold down required on an "intertie breaker"

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: http://www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com
This email was sent to: michael.welch at homepower.com