MPPT with Batteries [RE-wrenches]

Joel Davidson joeldavidson at earthlink.net
Fri Nov 14 17:42:14 PST 2003

Chris,

Good question. I've got 8 each 4-module SP70 series strings coming off the
roof in 4 series-parallel circuits into the old Trace ground fault detector
board and then into a C40. Everything has been working fine since May 1998.
I considered an RV controller a while back but did not want to re-wire my
array into 3-module series strings and get 2 controllers. I'm open to
suggestions, but I don't want to rewire the array.

Also, there's not much grid-tie/battery options on the list of inverters
eligible for the CEC rebate. See
http://www.consumerenergycenter.org/erprebate/eligible_inverters.html

Best regards,
Joel Davidson

Christopher Freitas --- OutBack Power wrote:

> Joel -
>
> Why are you waiting for Zantrex on this - you can use one of the MPPT
> units available currently from OutBack Power, RV Power Products or even
> AERL of Australia with the current SW series of inverters.
>
> There is even the option of using the new Beacon inverter system with
> MPPT built-in.
>
> Just curious what your looking for in a MPPT that is not already
> available...
>
> Christopher
>
> joeldavidson at earthlink.net wrote:
> > Is Xantrex any closer to offering max power point tracking with
> > batteries?

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: http://www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm