Efficient room A/C info request [RE-wrenches]

Kurt Albershardt info at es-ee.com
Mon Nov 3 07:07:54 PST 2003

<x-flowed>
I have a similarly-sized and efficient Sharp unit from Costco in my wine cellar, at least until I get the 24V refrigeration system designed/installed.  Beware of power outages, since those electronically controlled units usually wake up in a non-cooling state.

Split systems are routinely >13 SEER and much quieter than window units (at several times the price, of course.)

Oh, and I'm not the one looking for the A/C if that matters...

--On Monday, November 03, 2003 8:54 AM -0600 "James Lamb, Middle Fork Engineering" <j.lamb at pecorp.com> wrote:

> Kurt
> I checked out a Kenmore 11.2 seer window 5,800 btu AC Unit and its themostat
> is electronic and accurate.
> You can set the temp you want and it has a digital display which cycles the
> Unit. It has an energy consevation mode as well
> It is not too noisy and comes with a remote control.
> I do not know what its Phantom loads are but it is very low.
> It was installed in a 2nd story bedroom and performed well.
> Check it out in the energy star rating
> JIM LAMB
> Middlefork Engineering

- - - -