panel poaching [RE-wrenches]

Allan Sindelar allan at positiveenergysolar.com
Tue Oct 21 21:04:48 PDT 2003

Just my $.02...
It remains amazing to me how seldom our little business has had to deal in
any way with stolen stuff and theft. There are very few things that have as
much value, are as easy to get, are as seldom traceable (serial numbers
recorded, etc.) and are as easily disposed as solar equipment, yet I rarely
hear of it in our region. Sure, some never gets on our radar--we're not very
underground, and we make clear we won't touch a system with hot equipment,
if the question ever comes up--but I think it's less often than once a year
that anything comes to our attention, about stolen modules or other
equipment.
I'm not sure that there's this new epidemic of solar theft, and I'm not sure
whether an article on this topic would help or hurt.

Allan at +E