48V relay question [RE-wrenches]

Windy Dankoff, Dankoff Solar windy at dankoffsolar.com
Tue Oct 21 09:10:57 PDT 2003

<x-flowed>
Allan,

I recommended two single-pole relays on the assumption that you would
want a double-pole relay. The two relays together would produce the
equivalent of one double-pole relay. I do think it's overkill to run
through FOUR series contacts, and also, the more poles, the stronger
the coil has to be, and the more power it uses.

A lot of single-pole relays actually have a 2-series contact
structure, like pressure switches do. You can look in Grainger and
see what I mean.

Windy

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: http://www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm