48V relay question [RE-wrenches]

Allan Sindelar allan at positiveenergysolar.com
Sun Oct 19 20:15:41 PDT 2003

This idea makes sense--sort of. I can work with two 24V relay coils wired in
series on 48V. But why do you recommend two 24V single-pole relays, then
discuss wiring the relay contact circuit in series using two-pole relays? It
would seem to me that double-pole relays (which are just as readily
available via Grainger and other sources) would allow a total of FOUR series
contacts when wired in series for 48V. Am I missing something here? Is it
just overkill and not needed at 48V?

Thanks,
Allan at Pos E