pv for the military [RE-wrenches]

Windy Dankoff, Dankoff Solar windy at dankoffsolar.com
Fri Sep 19 10:27:27 PDT 2003

<x-flowed>
Keith and others,

If you (any of you) are a consciencious objector (CO), whether
universally opposed to war in any form, or selectively opposed to the
current state of events, the PURE position is to avoid supporting the
military in any way, even in ways that seem benign.

I was counseled on this back when I registered for the draft as a CO in '69.

Whether you provide weapons, brooms and dustpans, medical supplies,
or energy equipment to make warfare more economical, you are
supporting the military in whatever it may be doing.

I still consider myself a CO, but that is a very personal thing.

HOWEVER -- I am NOT advising others. I'd rather see the Army using PV
than engines, and proliferating that technology.

There is the PARADOX. (Life is full of them.)

Joel sums up this paradox. Chop off a few syllables Joel, and you'll
make fine haiku.

Windy

Joel Davidson wrote:
>You have the right to refuse service to anyone.
>The military defends that right.
>Joel Davidson
>US Army 1962-1965
>Anti-war Activist 1965-Present