Inverters for GT with Batteries [RE-wrenches]

Christopher Freitas - OutBack Power cfreitas at outbackpower.com
Wed Sep 10 09:21:07 PDT 2003

The solarex millenium PV modules are/where compatible with the SunTie
inverter.  The also can be used with the OutBack MX60 as well.

Be sure to check the VOC before connecting - there were some HV (high
voltage) versions of these panels as well as thr normal MV (medium
voltage) versions around.  The VOC needs to be around 100 VDC for the
SunTie but can be as high as 125 VDC with the MX60 (leaving room for
cold temp increased voltage). Allowing the PV array to "age" some before
connecting will allow the VOC to decrease from the initial "uninstalled"
output voltage levels (based on my experience with these panels).

Solar Electric Systems wrote:
> Has anyone used the Millennium Panels (which I am still hunting specs
> on) and a 48 volt inverter? I have a customer with some Millenniums who
> wants grid tie and battery backup.

Christopher Freitas
OutBack Power Systems, Inc.
cfreitas at outbackpower.com  www.outbackpower.com