SW Plus comments? [RE-wrenches]

Bob-O Schultze, Electron Connection econnect at snowcrest.net
Thu Aug 28 08:43:38 PDT 2003

<x-flowed>
Roy, etal,
Thanks for pointing that out. More surge power is always welcome
along with higher efficiency in the lower part of the power curve.
Although that latter remains to be confirmed. That is a Plus as is
the change to an 8 watts instead of 16 watt sleep threshold.
Unfortunately, by not being able to implement 1 or 2 watt steps for
sleep, I assume that y'all still haven't upgraded the ROM or RAM
capacity and memory continues to be tight.
What you guys are doing is continuing to schlep technology that was
conceived in 1993 and birthed in 1994. At that time it was
innovative, awesome, and a joy to behold. But that was ten years ago,
several lifetimes in the power electronics field.
I give you guys great credit for stepping up to the plate and dealing
with the SunTie issue. And, I believe that you are making a huge
effort to turn around the Customer Disservice Department. Another
Attaboy.
Now y'all need to pass on all the Marketing BS until you come up with
a product worthy of 2003.
Best of Luck, bob-O

>Hello Bob-O,
>
>Sorry for the delay in response, but I've had problems logging into
>wrenches.  (Surely an operator error on my part, newbie and all).  Yes the
>memory is finally non-volatile.  I also read in another post the reference
>to "all the weight of an SW with 62% of the power".  Keep in mind that the
>SW Plus has a surge rating of 80 amps for 5 seconds, even more than the
>venerable SW.  It was really designed to surge high and operate efficiently
>at the lower end where most off-grid inverters operate most of the time.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Roy Dyngen

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com