SW4048 REV? [RE-wrenches]

Roy Dyngen roy.dyngen at xantrex.com
Tue Aug 19 08:59:17 PDT 2003

Dave,

The way to tell if you have the newer version 4.2 software in your
inverter is to check the rev under menu heading 3.  The older
problematic version will read only "Revision 4.2" on the display.  The
newer fixed version will also read "SW Series" in the same window.  As
for the TM500's, please contact me here at Xantrex and I will make it
good.

Roy Dyngen (360)435-8826 x2225

Independent Power & Light wrote:

> Wrenches,
>
> I just received a Xantrex SW4048 for my latest install and we have a
> problem
> right out of the box. It was manufactured in June 2002. That's right 14
> months ago, SN437714. Which normally would not be that big a deal. But I
> have experience with this particular REV. It has REV 4.2 of which I had
> two
> inverters with this particular REV late last Fall (Mfd July of '02).
> These
> had a problem with automatic generator shut down and I had to swap out
> the
> firmware with much travel and labor expense born solely by myself.
> Xantrex
> never made good on their promise of sending me a couple of their TM
> meters
> to help defray my expenses.
>
> Now here I am once again with an off-grid install (may be grid tied in a
> few
> years if the line makes it as expected) with the exact same REV 4.2
> inverter! On August 6, 2002 Xantrex issued a service bulletin about this
> problem and stated that the fix was REV 4.2C. Today SunWize (my
> distributor
> on this inverter) tells me that Xantrex says that REV 4.2 is the current
> software for this SW4048. I don't think so, I suspect that they are just
> trying to sleaze there way out of sending me a "newer" new inverter.
>
> Is there anyone who has a SW4048 manufactured after Sept 2002 that they
> can
> check and see what REV it has for me please?
>
> Best,
>
> Dave

Roy Dyngen

- - - -