crisis intervention commentary [RE-wrenches]

Todd Cory, Mt. Shasta Energy Services toddcory at finestplanet.com
Sat Aug 16 08:01:18 PDT 2003

I was watching some of the CNN coverage... one aerial shot of New York
showed a horribly traffic clogged road... next to that road, on the roof of
a tall building an impressive PV array... of course no mention of that
whatsoever.

At the best I am afraid this will just push people and communities to buy
back-up gasoline or propane fueled generators which will only exasperate the
coming climatic shift and fuel shortage crash. I keep hearing people say
"they" need to do something. It is unfortunate that so few understand the
importance of individual choices and decisions. The "they" that needs to do
something is each individual. Payback seems meaningless when you are now
looking at the survivability of a our species... yet people continue to
mindlessly chant that old worn out mantra.

Too bad so few people seem able to simply look at what is really happening
and what is (very shortly) going to crash down on all of humanity.
Everything I read and research says this is going to be very ugly. The off
ramp to easy transition to renewables was passed some 30 years ago. There is
simply not enough time to shift now. Economies will crash, the climate will
continue to change, wars over the remaining dregs of oil will be
commonplace, many people will die.

And to think we continue to consider ourselves an intelligent species.

Todd

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: http://www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm