no batteries on grid tie [RE-wrenches]

William Korthof wkorthof at earthlink.net
Fri Aug 8 19:31:59 PDT 2003

<x-flowed>
0 amp hours.

When correctly installed, set, and operating in utility interactive
Sell Mode, the SW inverter will float just fine with a battery of
any capacity, including 0 amp hours [no battery]. On the other
side of that equation, it's hard for me to conceive of a realistic
scenario where the battery connected to an SW could or would
fry due to over current. If the size and capacity are "that low",
and the inverter load is heavy enough to "overcurrent" the pack,
the battery will have so little capacity, the inverter will trip out
from undervoltage (discharged battery or excess voltage drop
through battery) before a safety problem develops. On the
recharging end, the charge currents could be too aggressive.

/wk

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: http://www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com