no batteries on grid tie [RE-wrenches]

Joel Davidson joeldavidson at earthlink.net
Thu Aug 7 17:07:50 PDT 2003

Daryl,
Trace use to make a non-battery SW inverter with the big blue capacitor
(rating?). I use 4 each 12 V Johnson Controls 85 AH sealed batteries in
series with my SW4048. If the batteries are just sitting there not being
used (no off-grid, no UPS), there is no need a big battery bank. I haven't
tried it, but I can't see why 4 each 12 V 20 AH motorcycle batteries
wouldn't also work. What's the smallest 24 or 48 V battery bank out there on
a grid-tie SW inverter?
Best regards,
Joel Davidson

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com