More needs with grounding [RE-wrenches]

Windy Dankoff, Dankoff Solar windy at dankoffsolar.com
Wed Jul 30 10:22:48 PDT 2003

<x-flowed>
>Kurt wrote:

>"And on the buried ground wire...  this time both the home run conductors
>which are in 1-1/4 PVC conduit and the ground wire (wire tied to the outside
>of the conduit) slither thru the
>forest floor above ground... Is this above grade ground wire a long wire
>antenna just waiting for a near-by hit to smoke all the nice stuff bolted to
>the wall, or will the grounds, into clay, gonna keep it all to ground?"

My strong feeling is that this wire not only SHOULD be buried for all
reasonable reasons, but it presents an OPPORTUNITY to increase
contact of the grounding system with the earth.

I urge people to bury bare copper wire as part of the grounding
system, especially in dry and poorly conductive soil situations.

Windy

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: http://www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm