PV north facing in US [RE-wrenches]

Bill Brooks billb at endecon.com
Wed Jul 23 14:15:57 PDT 2003

Tom,

You are correct when talking about a 7:12 pitch. But we were not talking
about a 7:12 pitch--the example was a 4:12 pitch. Incidence angle modifiers
are used quite effectively to predict off-angle performance--they have to do
it every single day for sunrise and sunset.

Also the solar resource in Vacaville is better than anywhere in Florida--not
that that proves anything. I'm not trying to be fraudulant or provide
misinformation.

We have lots of folks still running around saying that you can't mount
modules on a southeast or southwest roof but they will still plant the array
in the shade of a tree on the south side--does that make any sense to you?

The point is you must be able to quantify the results. I still see no real
data to disprove my point. Low pitch roofs (18 degrees) can take PV arrays
if there are no other options available and they will produce about 70-75%
of a perfectly oriented system with if both systems have no shade. We can
agree to disagree if you don't believe it.

Bill.