'looks Sharp, man... [RE-wrenches]

Bill Brooks billb at endecon.com
Tue Jul 22 16:01:52 PDT 2003

Bob,

The key benefit of multiple inputs is not multiple array orientations. That
is an ancillary benefit. The primary reason is to deal with different array
string lengths because multiple roof faces may only be able to accomodate a
certain size string. Also different strings that see different shading will
benefit from this.

Full strings in different orientations will not see a dramatic benefit from
this setup. It is somewhat unique in its capabilities, but three SMA
inverters could do the same thing (say one 1800 and two 1100s). Then the
question is cost.

Bill.