energy "payback" of PV's [RE-wrenches]

matthew tritt solarone at charter.net
Fri Jul 4 13:56:07 PDT 2003

Not to mention the actual subsidies given to coal, oil and gas producers by
the U.S. government.

I believe that the real issue is that the human population is growing at a
rate, which left un-checked, will result in not only insufficient clean
energy, but energy of all types, be it in fuel or food form - the inevitable
product of which will be constant wars and mass extinctions of animal and
plant species. We, as a species, are too successful at reproducing and
scoring food for our own good.

Instead of addressing the problem, most governments, including (and
glaringly) our own, spend their wad on maintaining the status-quo, which in
reality, is a state of escalating degradation thinly concealed as material
progress and excess.

I believe that we, as people who are trying to be part of a remedy to
Earth's problems, need also to be vocal and, hopefully, helpful to others in
clarifying and providing possible solutions to the common dilemma.

I mean, we actually aren't here to simply tighten nuts and bolts, are we?
(Forgive me Michael, it's the 4th of Joo Lye!)
Now I really Will shut up!

Matt T----- Original Message -----