6" poles WELD OR NO WELD? [RE-wrenches]

Tom Simko tom at skylinesolar.com
Tue Apr 29 21:51:55 PDT 2003

 Rebar shouldn't be welded, you'll never see it done on
commercial/industrial construction sites. I believe the rule of thumb is 18
times the diameter for overlapping pieces in a pour (just tie wired). When I
need to scab on to a pipe to give it some purchase in a pier I go to the
scrap pile, anything welded on, or sticking out through a gas torch blown
hole will do, I like short pieces of angle iron, or 1" and up pipe. Anything
meaning scrap of suitable thickness and strength, but it sure doesn't have
to be rebar.
Tom Simko
Skyline Solar

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com