Batteries on Concrete [RE-wrenches]

ASAP POWER! asap at podnine.com
Thu Apr 24 13:39:01 PDT 2003

Bill,
Not sure if this will answer your question, but terminals should be 18" off
the surface of the floor to safeguard against ignition of flammable vapor
creeping along a concrete garage floor for instance.  This may be the reason
for the bad news you've heard about putting batteries on concrete, concrete
floors anyway.  We build a little platform out of exterior pressure treated
2 x 8 to accomplish the floor height.

Peter
ASAP POWER!