Uni-Solar roof integrated modules [RE-wrenches]

matthew tritt solarone at charter.net
Thu Apr 24 08:38:23 PDT 2003

Jeff,

I've been Unisolar work for a couple of years now. I think their PVL modules
are great, but the only real way to learn the bonding process is to
participate in a real installation. My training was a two day affair not two
hours. It is a very labor-intensive procedure and requires close attention
to proper cleaning, alignment and bonding of the module to the roofing
panel. The first modules I worked with required also bonding the J box to
the mod with RTV, a potentially messy business. They are now available with
QC's which makes the install a lot easier and faster.

The installation (module glued to the roof panel) as well as the performance
is warranted by the factory for 20 years, and they're in Michigan! I believe
they have even worse weather than the East Coast, no?

Matt T