Educating Electrical Inspectors [RE-wrenches]

Jeff Yago jryago at earthlink.net
Tue Apr 22 21:50:12 PDT 2003

I am in Virginia which has low electric rates and a solar un-friendly
utility which means the state does not do much for solar training.  However,
I have been hired in the past by the State of North Carolina (next door) to
teach 2 and 3 day training classes for their state electricians and
inspectors.

We cover basic system design, safe wire practices, field equipment, basic
array and battery wiring, breakers and fuses, and all code issues, and would
end up on the last day shorting out a long single string of modules to show
how high voltage DC is just not the same as high voltage AC!  I find that
the electricians learn the most on that day.

Just my 2 cents...

Jeff Yago

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com