Trouble shooting Trace 2512 [RE-wrenches]

sunwise sunwise at cheqnet.net
Fri Apr 11 10:50:04 PDT 2003

Hey Max,

Sounds like you need to look at it and figure where things got screwed
up regarding AC out and AC1 connections on the Trace.  Perhaps the
critical loads sub-panel got wired to the main panel when the work was
recently done.   The loads dedicated to the Trace should be in a
separate sub-panel and wired to the AC Out only, with #6 conductors.
The AC1 should be wired to the mains panel with #6 and go to a 60 amp
breaker.  There should be no other feeding of the sub-panel from the
main.

The 60 amp breaker and #6 conductors are sized to allow full current
pass-thru for when the loads in the sub are being powered by the grid.
Also, because the loads dedicated to the trace are usually very critical
in terms of power supply, it is usually recommended that an inverter
bypass switch be included in the system as well.  That way if the Trace
should go down, and perhaps even need to be shipped for repair, the home
owner can simply throw the switch and power the sub-panel directly off
the grid.

Good luck -- Kurt Nelson