Gel Cycle Life [RE-wrenches]

Jeff Oldham starpower4u at juno.com
Wed Apr 9 17:02:04 PDT 2003

Been using the MK gel's for a couple of years at least on customers' projects, I won't use them on my system because I believe what many of us feel - they just don't last like an even modestly maintained flooded cell. Can't say that I've seen enough feedback on cycles to believe the numbers or not. However, one battery in particular, the MK 8GGC2 (6V @ 180 Ah) really shines above the others in the MK line as a real workhorse. I try my best to avoid the rest, I've also got over the attitude of "the customer is always right" long ago. Just burned too many times with a customer trying to "cheap out". Instead of saying "I can make that work" I now say "Call someone else, I'm not going to do that to you or me". Experience so far indicates that for the 8GGC2 750 cycles @ 75% DOD is not unrealistic. The folks at MK are great to work with as well.

btw- my Pacific Chlorides are now over 19 y/o and still doin' the job!

-jeff

>From the Solar, Wind and Hydro powered office of Jeff Oldham

Only $9.95 per month!
Visit www.juno.com