Gel Cycle Life [RE-wrenches]

Jeffery Wolfe, Global Resource Options jeff at globalresourceoptions.com
Wed Apr 9 14:49:24 PDT 2003

Travis,

Maybe in a perfect world, but nothing I've read makes me believe that the
gels are that much better, even in a perfect world. And again, everything
I've read, they are much more susceptible to damage in a non-perfect world.

I haven't dared use gels of any type. They seem just "too good to be true",
and too finicky to be maintenance free. Even though the OutBack has NVRAM,
doesn't mean you wont get a "smart" customer who will change settings. Just
'cause it's "their fault" doesn't make it much nicer.

Just my 2 cents. I'll be interested to know what the real field experience
says.

Jeff