Depth to bury PVC conduit [RE-wrenches]

Jeff Yago jryago at earthlink.net
Sun Mar 30 11:01:02 PST 2003

Our soils are usually less rocky and there is little difference in cost for
us going deeper, so we usually are in the 18" to 24" range.

In addition, regardless of depth, we backfill about halfway then drop in a
brightly colored inexpensive survey ribbon.  Most backhoe operators know to
stop digging deeper if they hit this type of ribbon, and the separation
depth avoids hitting the buried cable before seeing the warning tape.   We
also toss in a short length of pressure treated 2 x 4  over the cable next
to the house foundation or other areas that may have homeowner digging to
plant flowers and shrubs for extra protection.

Jeff Yago

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: http://www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm