effluent pump [RE-wrenches]

John Blittersdorf, Cent. VT Solar & Wind cvsolar at aol.com
Fri Mar 28 04:26:36 PST 2003

Kirk,
  I have a customer with an effluent pump and after much worry about power
drain, we found that it ran for only about 7 minutes a week.  My customers
are frugal with water use and I think their tank was 200 gallons.  We used a
T240 transformer for the 240 pump and added a standard AC timer to turn the
pump power on for 15 minutes once each day.  We had to wait quite awhile to
see it work and the only time we had a problem with it was when spring thaw
surface water got into the tank thru a poorly sealed cover and pumping was
continuous.  15 min a day was not enough and the pump alarm went off.  If
this had been an on-grid installation, the customer would have probably
wondered why their electric bill spiked but would have had no real way of
knowing that their pump was working overtime.

John
CVSolar

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: http://www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm