effluent pump [RE-wrenches]

matthew tritt solarone at charter.net
Thu Mar 27 21:06:26 PST 2003

Kurt,

If he's pumping from a hundred gallon tank, it's a staging tank, not a
septic tank. They probably have the actual septic system at the highest
point and drain into the leach field from there. 10 amps sounds like a very
reasonable load for that kind of head with a macerator pump to me. Besides,
even though there's a 100 gallon staging tank, the actual run-time for the
pump shouldn't be long because the pump will start at around the 80 gallon
level and still leave a bit of s**t at the bottom!

Matt T