A Variaty of Meter readings [RE-wrenches]

Rick Cullen - RV Power Products rick at rvpowerproducts.com
Wed Mar 12 10:11:34 PST 2003

Dana,

One thing to consider when comparing these meters is to keep in mind where
each one individually measures. In the case of the SB50, it measures the
voltage on it's battery terminals. When in solar charge, it can be normal
for the SB50 display to read slightly higher that actual battery terminal
voltage due to voltage drop in wiring connecting the SB50 to the battery.
The 0.2V difference you show doesn't seem out of line. This difference can
vary widely depending on charge current and wiring resistance. This applies
to the other devices as well. Try the measurement again right on the
terminals of where these devices actually measure voltage.

Rick Cullen
RV Power Products, Inc.
Providing quality MPPT solar charge controllers
Phone 760-597-1642 x102
Fax 760-597-1731

mail to: rick at rvpowerproducts.com
www.rvpowerproducts.com